This kit requires you to cut out the search light that goes on the side of the front fuselage below the cockpit and provides a clear part and decals to go in behind. Not sure about the decals, does anyone know what I can use behind the clear light part to make it look for realistic?

Also I don't think the kit is correct as I thought the Canadians used a larger external fuel tank than the Navy.

building the cf-188 by steve bamford

"...Search light

Some planes have had their spotlight removed since the end of the Cold War. These planes have a plexiglas cover over the hole. The cover is usually a opaque white colour......I've never seen these covers in clear plexiglas. The pictures below seem to have a dark coloured opaque plastic....perhaps this cover is dirtier of weathered. You'll have to check reference photos to determine if the plane you are modelling had the spotlight installed at the time in question......or just wing it....no one will know. ..."