1/72 Condor Legion decals

Does anyone know of a good source for 1/72 Condor Legion decals? I'm building the Hasegawa Condor Legion 109E but the old decals in the box self-destructed and I'm having a heck of a time finding another set online.

I hate to post when I can't contribute in a positive way, but all I can say is that to the best of my knowledge, while there have been a couple of Spanish Civil War decals sets issued in 1/72, there are no current sheets available. Blue Rider did both Republican and Nationalist (including Legion Condor) back around 1990, MicroScale did at least one even longer ago (before SuperScale) and there may have been a Legion Condor option on one of the old Aeromaster 109 sheets - perhaps someone else has a better memory ...

Does anyone know of a good source for 1/72 Condor Legion decals? I'm building the Hasegawa Condor Legion 109E but the old decals in the box self-destructed and I'm having a heck of a time finding another set online.

Try looking on Hannants website (they're a modelling mail order house) - http://www.hannants.co.uk/. Good luck! The Spanish Civil War bug bit me a long time ago and I still haven't gotten over it.

Regards,

Learstang

You may end up having to make "the ultimate sacrifice" and simply buy yourself a kit with Spanish Condor markings in it.

JS

Rising Decals, sheet #72015 is what you are after and although Hannants does carries the product line, it looks like they are sold out of that decal. You may find it on eBay.

As already mentioned, Blue Rider did Spanish Civil War markings. Sheet BR 221 is a Kondor Legion decal. This is another one that can be occasionally found on eBay.

Worse come to worse, Hasegawa kit #AP 114 is a SCW 1/72 Bf.109E. From time to time it does pop up on eBay - if you can score one at a good price, you'll at least have an extra 109 for your stash.

Hope this helps you out.

Edited by Big Kohona
This should solve your problem - I just did a quick search on eBay - here is a seller with two of the Rising Decal sheets that I mentioned. He has 2 sheets listed as available.

I have dealt with this seller on one occasion and all went very smoothly.

Thanks, ordered the Rising Decal sheet from that eBay seller.

Word of advice, avoid the Hasegawa kit you mention, it's an older kit and the decals will self-destruct which is how I got into the situation in the first place. I've yet to have a sheet of older Hasegawa decals not fall apart. The model itself builds VERY nicely though.