New 1/32 paint mask line launched...

After many sleepless nights at the computer, little or no time at the workbench, and lots of swearing at uncooperative computer software (I hate you Paypal Merchant Services) we're pleased to announce the launch of our newest product line - vinyl paint masks.

1-32-US-1943-1947-F4U.jpg

We're hitting the ground running with 60 different sets in stock and ready to ship, and another 12-15 in the final artwork stages. Here's a sample of our F4U Corsair set... In fact, we're only going to do 1/32 and 1/24 aircraft, and 1/35 armor eventually.

A quick list off the top of my flat head includes the following:

Aircraft specific sets (markings are cut for size) for P-51, P-47, F4U, Spitfire, Hurricane, Typhoon, Tempest, Mossie, Beaufighter, A6M, Ki-61, K-84, N1K, Bf-109, Fw-190.

Generic sets include Japanese hinomaru, German Balkankreuz, Luftwaffe numbers and codes, USAAF/USAF/USN Modex fonts, and generic US insignia, stars and bars, and pre-war roundels.

And...as always, you can get Warpigs pigments and washes, too. In fact, we launched a new Warpigs Wash color, burnt umber, at the request of our customers.

Please check us out at Modelerswarehouse.com

Samples will be forthcoming to any ARC staffer who contacts me. If you're doing that special project and would like to try our masks, drop me a line. We'll supply the mask, you supply the finished photos for our website. In the interests of time, we'd like your model to be almost ready to paint.

Thanks!

Jeff Herne

(who needs to come down off this caffeine buzz and get some sleep)

My Dauntless is at a point where I will soon be painting. Too bad you don't have a specific set for that. I have a Thunderbolt for your P-47 set though - I will be checking you out when I get to that one.

Very interesting.

I have a couple of 1/32 and 1/24th Spitfire projects coming up in the pipeline for later this year and I plan on masking and painting the markings rather than using decals.

I'm usually okay making my own masks for Roundels and Flashes, but the Squadron codes are trickier and the serials a pain. Any plans for generic codes and serials letter/number packs rather than for specific machines ?

Cheers,

Matt

Very interesting.

I have a couple of 1/32 and 1/24th Spitfire projects coming up in the pipeline for later this year and I plan on masking and painting the markings rather than using decals.

I'm usually okay making my own masks for Roundels and Flashes, but the Squadron codes are trickier and the serials a pain. Any plans for generic codes and serials letter/number packs rather than for specific machines ?

Cheers,

Matt

Sorry for the late reply - weekends are busy. Yes, we have generic RAF squadron codes and serials in the works. Biggest problem we have at this point is finding time to get all of those 'needed' subjects into production.

Jeff

Great, I tried to get another company to do 1/32 scale masks of Canadian VC winner Hammy Gray's Corsair in 1/32.

It should be a simple sheet to do.

Me and Scooby would be down for a Gray sheet in 1/32

That would be awesome!