Braun type 4739 electric toothbrush-sander.

Hi there, fellas

I'm using one of Braun's toothbrushes as a mini orbital sander, sticking tiny sanding disks over the Oral-B Flexisoft EB 17-3 brushheads; here:

product-6308041.jpg

Thing is the metal shaft which the EB 17-3 brushheads attach to seems to be rotated, hence, the brushheads don't work. I've been looking inside the battery compartment to see if there were a way to get the toothbrush's motor out, so as to align the shaft to match the slot in the brushheads.

Has anyone got one of these electric toothbrushes and knows how to open 'em without breakin' 'em?

Thank ye, mates.

Unc²

Hi there, toniosky, mate! :)

Nay, no screw whutsoever, chap; just a metal spring retainer inside the battery compartment, which I dismounted without any success. Y'see, the motor seems to have been placed inside the toothbrush's body by pressure; it's like tight fitted, but I don't want to force it out for fear of breakin' it beyond repair.

Uh-uh-uuuUuuuhh... no post to recharge the toothbrush; it's powered by two AA 1.5-volt batteries.

Which model type have ya got, taylorde, mate? Can ya remove the whole motor from yers?

Oral B 3-D Excel. Yes, motor, and two NiMh battery are inside and can slip out.

Dave

• 4 months later...

:blink: ME HAS FIXED IT...!!!

Kind of scary the shape I'm in; the walls are shakin' 'n' they're closin' in. Too fast or a bit too slow, I'm paranoid of people 'n' it's startin' to show. :lol: One motor that I can't shake over my shoulder is a big mistake.

I had gotten to release the metal spring retainer inside the electric toothbrush 'n' made a wire pass under a plastic joint so as to then bend it into a loop 'n' pull; but the damned motor wouldn't seem to come out, 'n' I pulled 'n' pulled from the wire 'til my finger started to swell. The wire snapped, so I went fetchin' a broader one 'n' did the same thing, but nuthin.' Took a minute off to rest 'n' resumed the pullin'

It wasn't 'til my finger began bleedin' that I felt "me" eyes were turnin' white prior to my becomin' the Hulk - sort of, than I tossed the bloody electric toothbrush against the wall in anger. :) To my own surprise, the whole motor assembly finally came out! I simply aligned the metal shaft to which the circular brushheads are attached 'n' inserted every thing back inside.

Well? Guess whut? The fraggin' thing works fine now. Me just still can't believe it. Seems like goin' "meshugana" pays off from time to time.

• 1 month later...

Lookie there...!!! :salute:

SANY0286.jpg

Got "them" a brand new replacement of three brush heads today; had the bristles removed usin' pliers 'n' stuck a disc of 600-grain Wet 'n' Dry sand paper attached to the brush head with two-sided tape. It works perfectly well!

SANY0284.jpg

The Braun type 4739 electric toothbrush-sander gives a lot of control over delicate sandin' o' canopies; each one of the three heads has received a different grain o' sand paper, so the electric toothbrush is real practical. Me's gonna try it tomorrow on an awful canopy seam line. Hell!, might as well try it on my own teeth tonight! :lol:

SANY0288.jpg

Whut d'ya blokes think? Ain't it neat? There's almost no vibration at all on the parts while workin,' 'n' it doubles as a miniature orbital sander on flat surfaces!

SANY0287.jpg

:thumbsup: Guess me's just happy.

Cheers, mates. Kick arse weekend everyone.

Unc² (Dünkëlgräü, very, very...)

P.S: Ya like it, yes? yes? yes? yes? yes? yes? yes? yes? yes? yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeessssss...???