The first in-flight pics I am truely happy with

Hi all

First of all, I really do owe a big thank you to Randy Rothhaar for the tips that he has given me. Without them, these shots would not have been possible. That may sound like an Oscar acceptance speech, but it really is true. So, thank you Randy.

About 30 miles south of where I live is the city of Yakima. Some of you may know about Yakima because of the Yakima Training Center, where Ft. Lewis (now JB Lewis-McChord) soldiers go to "play" before deployments. There's an airport there that services general as well as some light commercial aviation. It is also one of the main test fields for Boeing to try out new airliners and is also used by various US military aircraft to practice touch and goes, etc. Well, we went there on Tuesday, and unfortunately there was not much flying. However, I did get some shots of a couple of props, including this guy. Like I said, these are actually the first in-flight pics I am truely happy with, and so I wanted to share them with you. I realize that there are only four of them, and they are not that exciting, but take them for what they are worth.

Aaron

IMG_0793.jpg

IMG_0796.jpg

IMG_0795.jpg

IMG_0794.jpg

I've got the 55-250 as well. We found a good deal on "Bertha" back when I was going to school and got financial aid so we picked it up. I used it last night at my brother's high school graduation, which was nice. I was half-way up the bleachers in a large University basketball gym and could shoot the podium with no problem.

Aaron

I have the 55-250, the focus is far too slow and it lacks a little on the length side. However at 55mm it takes good pics.

Actually I quite love my "Nifty Two-Fifty" :thumbsup: ,it's unbeatable for the price,and performance wise,I think it is the number one in this range.Have a look on my first air shots ever (compressed image):

IMG_5707.jpg

IMG_5732.jpg

Edited by dawestsides