(Update) Progress on my entry.

Thought I'd share a couple pics, just getting into the swing of things with my build. Here's the quick & dirty details:

1/48 Tamiya Dornier Do-335A-12 Trainer "Ant Eater"

Building straight OOB, though I may do post war UK markings, still looking for references on those, though.

Any thoughts/suggestions/complaints?

Box Art:

P6160026.jpg

First main sub-assembly:

P6160024.jpg

Same assembly, different view:

P6160022.jpg

Thanks,

Jay

Update: Both cockpits finished, will be joining fuselage halves and maybe a bit more today, took a few mock-up pics for the build so far. Thoughts?

P6170027.jpg

P6170028.jpg

P6170030.jpg

P6170031.jpg

P6170032.jpg

Edited by B52HVet

:D, Welcome Jay,

Good to see an unusual trainer fall into the ranks. Please do keep us up to date with your progress. The Anteater is still one of my favourite aircraft and long on the innovation and performance stakes as well. I have a book called Luftwaffe Test Pilot by Hans-Werner Lerche in which he describes one of his last rides, if not his last, ferrrying a Do-335 from Rechlin back to Oberpfaffenhafen where it was built. He was jumped by an RAF Tempest and simply opened the taps and had no trouble walking away from the Tempest. He describes this action (his aircraft was unarmed at the time) as leaving the Tempest standing.

:woot.gif:,

Ross.

Update 21June2010

The build is coming along pretty well. Ran into some minor fit issues where the wing section meets the fuselage...Tamiya has an interesting way of dealing with the attachment (see my earlier pics of the spars running behind the cockpit). Fixed it with a bit of Testors Putty. Underside of the aircraft is airbrushed with a Delta Ceramcoat Acrylic to represent "Hellblau", and as I'm probably going to make this a post-war captured British aircraft, I've painted the correct sections on the nose cowl in Model Master Aluminum buffing metalizer. Landing gear, bay doors, and other misc. bits have been pre-painted and assembled. Will keep the updates coming, thinking I'll have this ready for paint some time next week.

P6200069.jpg

P6200070.jpg

P6200073.jpg

P6210087.jpg

P6210094.jpg