Tribute for the family of Major Michael J. Bosiljevac, POW

Republic F-105G, Thunderchief, Wild Weasel, AF Serial No. 63-8302 of the 17th Wild Weasel Squadron, 388th Tactical Fighter Wing, Korat Royal Thai Air Force Base, Thailand. On 29 September 1972, F-105G tail number 63-8302 was operating as a SAM suppressor for a strike near Hanoi. The aircraft was locked on by an SA-2 missile radar at Phuc Yen and shortly afterwards was struck by an SA-2. The aircraft caught fire and within minutes the crew was forced to eject about 23 miles west of Hanoi. Both crewmen had good chutes, but SAR efforts were turned back due to weather and MiG fighters in the area. The two crewmen were Lt Col James W. O'Neil (Pilot) of Los Angeles, California, and Captain Michael J. Bosiljevac (EWO) of Omaha, Nebraska. Radio Hanoi announced that both crewmen were captured alive, but only Lt Col O'Neil returned with the other POWs; Hanoi denied knowledge of Captain Bosiljevac and he was continued as Missing in Action. Lt Col ONeil was released during Operation Homecoming, but Captain Bosiljevac remained captive. He died in captivity. On September 24, 1987 Major Bosiljevac’s remains were returned to the U.S. Government by Hanoi, with positive identification announced on 3 February 1988.

Can be viewed at http://arthur-eggers.artistwebsites.com

Edited by Art Eggers

His son, Michael, was very touched. I was just happy that he accepted it for what it was... I tribute to his Dad... I was at Korat when he was shot down... I didn't know him, but I remember when our aircraft didn't return from a mission.

An Excellent Tribute, Art ... :cheers:

I'm sure Captain Bosiljevac's Family would be proud of that ... :)

Gregg

His son, Michael, was very touched. I was just happy that he accepted it for what it was... I tribute to his Dad... I was at Korat when he was shot down... I didn't know him, but I remember when our aircraft didn't return from a mission.

And even no knowing him personally, that made it personal for you ...

That's great that you have been able to present it to his Son ... I Salute you for doing so, Sir ... :cheers:

-Gregg

Republic F-105G, “Thunderchiefâ€, “Wild Weaselâ€, AF Serial No. 63-8302 of the 17th Wild Weasel Squadron, 388th Tactical Fighter Wing, Korat Royal Thai Air Force Base, Thailand. On 29 September 1972, F-105G tail number 63-8302 was operating as a SAM suppressor for a strike near Hanoi. The aircraft was locked on by an SA-2 missile radar at Phuc Yen and shortly afterwards was struck by an SA-2. The aircraft caught fire and within minutes the crew was forced to eject about 23 miles west of Hanoi. Both crewmen had good chutes, but SAR efforts were turned back due to weather and MiG fighters in the area. The two crewmen were Lt Col James W. O'Neil (Pilot) of Los Angeles, California, and Captain Michael J. Bosiljevac (EWO) of Omaha, Nebraska. Radio Hanoi announced that both crewmen were captured alive, but only Lt Col O'Neil returned with the other POWs; Hanoi denied knowledge of Captain Bosiljevac and he was continued as Missing in Action. Lt Col O’Neil was released during Operation Homecoming, but Captain Bosiljevac remained captive. He died in captivity. On September 24, 1987 Major Bosiljevac’s remains were returned to the U.S. Government by Hanoi, with positive identification announced on 3 February 1988.

F-105GThunderchief63-830217thWWS11x17.jpg

If you can't see the image click the direct link below...

http://i800.photobucket.com/albums/yy288/a...7thWWS11x17.jpg

Art that is very nice tribute but shame I am still not being able to see any of your artwork at all these past few days..sorry. :rofl::cheers:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...