Found a dead cat today.

I was at work and preparing dinner for our clients and happened looked out the window and saw a sorry black heap in the middle of the street.

I work at a sheltered living with ppl with intellectual disabilities and autism and we´re located at street level and there´s a heavily trafficated street outside.

This cat had earlier tried to sneak into our kitchen through a back door but we had it chased out since I´m alergic to fur animals. Just a few moments later it had tried to cross the street out side and got hit by a car. I went out to make sure it was dead and not in un necessary agony but it was very dead, it prolly died instatly, not even a drop of blood. I put it in a plastic bag with a shovel and called the police about what to do.

The police gave me the advice to dispose of it according to what I felt was best, it didn´t have a collar and I couldn´t determin if it was chipped so I have no way of reaching it´s owner.

I didn´t have the heart to throw somebodys beloved pet in a dumpster so I took a few of the residents with me and buried in the forrest close by.

We used the cat as a pedagogic lesson to our clients that you have to look both ways before crossing a road and only to do so at road crossings, never to run across. Hopefully this poor cat´s misfortune will save someone elses life, who thinks about the cat before he/she crosses a road.

/J