Detail bits for CIA Mi-8 Hip

Folks,

I am still planning on starting the Trumpy 1/35th scale Hip. Work issues have severely limited my hobby time and I have also been in somewhat of a creative "drought". I think both issues are slowly being resolved but I still am struggling to find a suitable subject for this project. One option is a CIA-operated Hip being used in Afghanistan. The picture below was posted on Military Pics and shows a Hip being used to support some Navy SEALs. It would make a nice subject but I am curious if anyone has suggestions for where I could find the mini-gun and chaff / flare dispensers. I think I can scratch build a good deal of the parts on this bad-boy but those components are beyond me.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

John

SOFMi-8.jpg

Folks,

I am still planning on starting the Trumpy 1/35th scale Hip. Work issues have severely limited my hobby time and I have also been in somewhat of a creative "drought". I think both issues are slowly being resolved but I still am struggling to find a suitable subject for this project. One option is a CIA-operated Hip being used in Afghanistan. The picture below was posted on Military Pics and shows a Hip being used to support some Navy SEALs. It would make a nice subject but I am curious if anyone has suggestions for where I could find the mini-gun and chaff / flare dispensers. I think I can scratch build a good deal of the parts on this bad-boy but those components are beyond me.

John

SOFMi-8.jpg

I'm doing similar project with same kit. Keep me posted!

I'm also looking for the add-ons for rocket pods. I know there was an aftermarket set available, but I cannot seem to find it.

I'm doing similar project with same kit. Keep me posted!

I'm also looking for the add-ons for rocket pods. I know there was an aftermarket set available, but I cannot seem to find it.

Are these what you had in mind?

http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index....i-8+Rocket+Pods

I still have the set (plus the Cobra resin set with the IR supressors that fit over the exhausts). If I can't get enough info on the CIA birds, a rocket armed Russian Hip from "their" Afghan war was going to be my second choice.

Regards,

John

Folks,

Johh

If you have the money to spend, the quick solution to your Chaff/Flare dispenser and mini-gun problem is to find a 1/35th scale Academy HH-60 or MH-60 kit. Both of these kits contain the parts you seek.