OHMS/Evergreen Museum Show rundown

Well we had 436 entries. Tons of Battle of Britain builds as that was the special theme (70th Anniversary). Not much armor this year, but many more armor dioramas.

Not sure on the attendance, but usually it is one of the top days for the museum. It felt like there were about as many people there as we've had the last few years.

I got to be head aircraft judge. We had over 20 people volunteer to judge. We had 6 teams of 3 and then the category judges. That meant that most of the volunteer judges did not have to spend 3 hours judging. We were able to move along nicely without the feeling of being under the gun to get it done quickly. Nothing is perfect, and i am sure we made some mistakes, but this is the best i have ever felt about the judging at our show.

I was able to pickup my first Tamiya 1/48 Viper (a CJ) for $25 :woot: I won a Revell 1/72 Lancaster at the raffle as well. So between that and the great people and wonderful builds, my day was complete.

Thanks to all who came.

later

Ruud

I was there from about 9:15 to 11:30. Surfed the vendors right-quick looking for some particular items (been looking for a recent issue MPM 1/72 Kikka, 72139. I was taunted by the first issue 72074 sitting there). Managed to find some AFV Club tracks for a M60A1 Patton tank I'm modeling after my father's from the late-60's, and some other stuff for a friend. One of these days I may actually finish something to enter. :thumbsup:

Ruud, I take it you were the really tall, brown-haired fellow frequently lurking behind the raffle table?

The tall sandy blond dutchie (in the brown jacket) by the raffle tables (in the AM) was my brother :-) The tallest of the raffliers was Johua, he is the 6-5 Texan. I was patrolling the model tables etc. to be of assistance with model placing etc.

Two photos of my Battle of Britain 48th scale FW-200 C-3 F8+BL, one at the show, one on my workbench.

I used Model Master enamels for the RLM 72/73 camo scheme and the color difference is almost nil.

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o146/Pl...9-550d-800x.jpg

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o146/Pl...80-40d-800x.jpg

Edited by Plankwing