F-15C MISP II units

The F-15C and D's from Mountain Home had the MSIP II config, but I think the unit is now closed.

Murph can correct me if I am wrong.

MISP II was the improvement program to update older F-15C's to later production standards (1984-85? also to include the aim-120), all the stuff we see on the birds today, technically has nothing to do with the MISP II program.

MSIP I was a program for the A/B, MSIP II is/was the C/D program. Majority of people "I would think" would just call it MSIP. So instead of asking if an F-15C was MSIP II one would say it was an MSIP bird.

Murph can correct me if I am wrong.

MISP II was the improvement program to update older F-15C's to later production standards (1984-85? also to include the aim-120), all the stuff we see on the birds today, technically has nothing to do with the MISP II program.

MSIP I was a program for the A/B, MSIP II is/was the C/D program. Majority of people "I would think" would just call it MSIP. So instead of asking if an F-15C was MSIP II one would say it was an MSIP bird.

Wayne,

MSIP I was never anything more than a proposal for the A/B models. Eventually all operational jets (A through D) were brought up to the same standard (MSIP II), because the cost of running two separate upgrade programs was prohibitive. As a result all documention simply refers to "MSIP," and that is the way it's referred to by the pilots and maintainers. Steve Davies does his usual excellent job of covering this in his F-15 Eagle Engaged book. As you said, a lot of confusion results from the fact that people lump other mods into the MSIP program that were not part of it.

Regards,

Murph