Mi-8MT Hip "Afgantsy"

While killing time whilst trying to come up with an idea for a new project, I realized I never finished this beast. While it's been in storage, it incurred some accidental damage (as big, fragile models are apt to do). Landing gear got broken, rotor blade snapped off, covered in dust, etc.

Now that my US-2B Tracker has finally vacated the premises after > two years of work, I'm bringing the Hip into the 11Bee Overhaul / Fabrication Facility for thorough cleaning and repair. After that I'll be adding the final bits and pieces to her so I can call her complete. I'll post some updated pictures once I have a bit of progress.

• 5 weeks later...

Still in repair mode but while surfing through the Large Scale Planes website, I found an awesome Hip build, figured I'd share it with you guys.

http://forum.largescaleplanes.com/index.php?showtopic=58413

This guy did a fantastic job. I wasn't aware that there was that many aftermarket sets available for the Trumpeter Hip. Wish I had access to them when I started my build.

• 11 months later...

If you recall, I struggled quite a bit with the Cobra exhausts, which were "rough" to say the least.   Just discovered LEM kits, an outfit who has some pretty exiting Russian stuff, including a very sharp looking set of exhausts.   I may end up getting a set and replacing the Cobra lumps with these:

IMG_20180813_173321_novyj-razmer-200x200.jpg

If anyone is looking to build the Trumpy Hip or Hind, I suggest checking them out.

http://lemkits.com/product/1-35-exhaust-heat-shield-for-the-helicopter-mi-8-mi-17-limited-edition/