grumman avenger bunker hill 1945

What Holmes said ...

You pack a lot in these 'smally' canvases ... :thumbsup:

Gregg

doing it to pass some time as i'm waiting to give my friend a hand renovating his new house

and i have a couple of commision pieces to do

a dog and a street scene !! ( should pay for the new nikon DSLR )

presently gregg i am concentrating on reducing detail sizes

i think for my next major aircraft work i may well do a few coats of gesso and sand inbetween for a smoother surface !!

i quite like the idea of a larger us WW2 carrier painting as well

Well Paul, that's one way of helping to reduce detail size, force yourself to work in a smaller space ... :thumbsup:

Maybe a Wildcat, Hellcat or Corsair ?

Gregg

could be any !! i don't think there is one ww2 era us carrier aircraft that i dont like the look of !!

could be any !! i don't think there is one ww2 era us carrier aircraft that i dont like the look of !!

Nice ... How about the Dive Bomber, the Dauntless ?

Gregg

Edited by GreyGhost
progress so far ........ the dauntless sounds superb gregg , isn't that the one with lots of holes in the dive brakes ??

Yes it is Paul ...

Really nice progress, Paul ...

I see your skills improve with every piece ...

You're achieving some really nice details in these small canvases of late ... Superb ... :thumbsup:

Gregg

I see your skills improve with every piece ...

Gregg

ironicaly some of the better improvements are comming from altering the simplest of things to the way i work !!

i'm totaly self taught . so i think i will have worked this painting lark out by the time i'm 80 yrs old !! :thumbsup:

calling this done mainly cos i'm bored and wat to move on to another as this was mainly a test piece on a few levels and has now served a purpose

mainly i'd like to do another carrier landing in the future to a larger size with more planning and research

i feel my next large project may well be a Kirsty Moore portrait with her red arrows hawk mount !!

208070-avenger_tbm3_106.jpg