Modeling as an outlet and model buddies who help

Hello Everyone:

this may be off topic, but I want to thank a lot of the fellow modelers who got me out of my funks.

I also wish to thank all of the people involved at the ARC.

in 2007 a day after Christmas I lost my father, when I mentioned it here and at other model forums I am in, I got a lof of help getting through the hard times and back on track.

this year was a bad year, I lost 2 of my model buddies, James Hippie Bush, and John Fisher.

both of those guys were like close friends, we always chatted, kept in touch and it really helped.

But I got into my funk and stayed away from all of my hobbies until last month when a few kind words of encouragement got me back in the game.

so I decided on a late 50's / early 60s style hot rod borrowing some nose art from a classic B-17

DSC04743.jpg

DSC04744.jpg

I am still polishing out the body, but so far so good and it's got a smooth as glass finish,

but more or less a kind word of thanks to all of you who helped.

take care

and thanks

George O'Neill

That's looking very sweet...and welcome back to the grind. Life is not sympathetic, and works on it's schedule, but as long as we have friends and mates there to pick up the slack we somehow get it going again, and you are doing a very good job at it. I'll be watching that your progress as you bring that street rod to life.

George, so sorry for the losses of your close friends ...

That makes it tougher when you associate them with the hobby and that's a normal outlet ...

Glad to see you up on the horse again though ...

The Deuce Coupe is looking Sharp, great choice of color and theme ...

-Gregg