This place is horrible!!!

For my wallet , that is! This week alone I've added 2 more kits to an already swollen stash. I decided to look at a hoo y lobby Thursday while I was shopping for some clothes. I printed up a 40% off coupon in case I found something for the wife.

Keep in mind, the last time I went to a HL they had nothing of modeling interest to me. In fact the local wal mart had more stuff! So, I figured it must be a Chicago area thing(lack of kits/interest).

Well, I go in to look around. I turn the corner to the "model" area, and, lo and behold! There's a whole frickin isle of awesome kits!!! Well, the inner child , or hoarder, in me goes nuts! Instead of walking out with a picture frame, or 2, I end walking out with a Tamiya F-16c/n aggressor , and BF109 trop kit!

I then went and bought some clothes for me, swttmbo, and my son. Not a bad thing, until the wife sees the clothes and suggests we(family) go back the next day , so she can get some new clothes. I say "okay" and print up another coupon, after telling her of the kool "picture frames". So, Friday we go shopping. We go into HL and wander about. She finds a bunch of stuff for our son that is "mommy approved" and a ton of future considerations. Meanwhile, our 15 month old son is running quietly rampant throughout the store with me as chase vehicle.

After an hour goes by, she's done and asks if there's anything I saw. I just mention they have a decent selection of kits, but I've been too busy chasing our son to look. She sees the planes and says I can get a kit if I want. I mention the coupon, she says grab 2 then since it's been awhile since you bought one.

I end up with a Tamiya F-16c 25/32 and P-61 kit! After we return from shopping, I unload all the bags. She didn't notice the other 2 kits that came in with me. After we fed our little guy, I open up the 25/32 and she says how happy a day we had, and we should do these trips more often. :touche::whistle:

Luckily, my wife is awesome! Sorry, I meant 4 kits, 2 trips.

Edited by evilmedic13

My wife hates shopping, usually. Normally, it turns ugly because "nothing fits" or the "I'm fat" fits hit and it's misery loves company day after that.'I guess it was either that or win the lottery. I'll take yesterday over the lottery anyday.