Wow - small world? I am going to be there at the end of the month. If its handy I will try going to this place - I found it on another site:

"There are some model shop (plastic kits) in the heart of Bangkok it's name " ModelWorld " shop situated on Phaholyotin Rd. near Victory manument beside PTT gas station and TV 5 (The television Station) shop is in Px shop of military unit telephone 089 300 3669.

At this shop you may find a lot of rare and new kits.

ModelWorld is the distributor of HobbyBoss and Kinetic in Thailand and here is the retail shop of HobbyBoss and Kinetic model kits I think you may get the good price of both brand too.

try to be there when you visit Bangkok Thailand "

Other than that - I don't know of anything else.

One night in Bangkok makes a hard man humble

Not much between despair and ecstasy

One night in Bangkok and the tough guys tumble

Can't be too careful with your company

I can feel the devil walking next to me

There's a lot of truth in that song. I've been there four times, twice for R&R once for customs class and one time on a tour that I was lucky enough to have enough free time to get away from the base.

There was one time that the city was off linits because it was too dangerous to go there. Someone got some students riled up and as their first action they blew up a police station. It all ended when they took over a city block and got more and more out of control. The Army surrounded them with tanks and M.G. teams as well as more police and troops. Despite several warnings and chances to go home things got worse until the Army was left with no choice. They leveled most of the block and the survivors were taken to jail. My customs class was a few weeks later and when we were taking a cab in town I saw armed guards scattered aroung and a few spots with several bullet holes in walls. Including at the main temple complex in town.

Here I know.

-Winner 62/50 ratanathibate26 ratanathibate road tel.0-2965-7129 http://www.winnerhobby.co.th/

-June Hobby 662 taechawanich road Bangsue bangkok tel. 081-860-9011 http://www.junehobby.com/

-Modelivery 119/17-20 Thonburi Market Taweewatana Bangkok tel.081-3465772 http://www.modelivery.com

and model shop in ptt station near Victory manument.

At the moment Bangkok is safty and peacefull. No protester and no violence.

P.S. Sorry about language I can speak English a little.

Edited by Mr.Sunday

In addition to the above mentioned shops, I've often found a pretty good selection as well as some good deals at most Central department store's. There's one on Sukhumvit, don't remember the exact skytrain stop. There's also a monthly model "swap meet" at the RTAF museum I believe, don't recall which weekend but do know I always seem to miss it! ;)

HTH & enjoy your visit! :huh:

Mark