Cutting Edge F-16XL 1 32 Conversion Kit

Well, for anyone that is interested (fortunately this auction is out of my preferred scale) Dave Klaus is auctioning off a complete and unstarted F-16XL conversion kit in 1 32nd scale. Get it while you can!

Cutting Edge F-16XL

Now before anyone gets all riled up, I have NO connection with Mr. Klaus, other than being a satisfied customer. This auction was sent to me from his FineArtofDecals site and therefore I believe it to be a genuine DK auction. I posted this purely for informational purposes, for those that may be interested in this decidedly RARE kit!

Rick

Edited by madmanrick
Well, for anyone that is interested (fortunately this auction is out of my preferred scale) Dave Klaus is auctioning off a complete and unstarted F-16XL conversion kit in 1 32nd scale. Get it while you can!

Cutting Edge F-16XL

Now before anyone gets all riled up, I have NO connection with Mr. Klaus, other than being a satisfied customer. This auction was sent to me from his FineArtofDecals site and therefore I believe it to be a genuine DK auction. I posted this purely for informational purposes, for those that may be interested in this decidedly RARE kit!

Rick

If you know the guy is contentious and aren't 100% sure it's him, then why even bring his name up? There is nothing in the listing to indicate that it's DK himself, and for all anyone knows he could just be passing on the information for anyone looking for one of his old kits. Why not just post "here's an auction for the 1/32 F-16XL conversion" and leave it at that? I think the by suggesting that it's the man himself, you may be inviting the comments you don't want.

Edited by Dave Williams
If you know the guy is contentious and aren't 100% sure it's him, then why even bring his name up? There is nothing in the listing to indicate that it's DK himself, and for all anyone knows he could just be passing on the information for anyone looking for one of his old kits. Why not just post "here's an auction for the 1/32 F-16XL conversion" and leave it at that? I think the by suggesting that it's the man himself, you may be inviting the comments you don't want.

As I mentioned in my post, I AM sure it is him, the notice of the auction came from HIS FineArtofDecals webaddress. So there is absolutely no doubt to me that it is him. Reading comprehension is a lost art, I'm afraid.

Also, I couldn't care any less if the man is contentious. I simply put a disclaimer in there so that someone wouldn't think *I* was shilling for him. I know this is a desirable conversion set and although it isn't interesting to me, it may be to others. I harbor no ill-will towards DK, however, I was out of the hobby when he was going full-bore and I have no opinions one way or the other about that situation. I have purchased some of his remaining decals recently directly from him and I was entirely satisfied with our transactions End of story.

Edited by madmanrick
  • 3 months later...

For anyone else that is interested in acquiring this conversion kit (regardless of who the seller is), another one has been listed on the Evilbay at a lower price than the first one noted:

Wild Hare Association 1/32 F-16XL

....no disclaimers to follow. In case the link I tried inserting above doesn't work, the Evilbay Item Number is:

....and it ends Jul 01, 2011 06:55:15 PDT

Happy bidding.

I don't care what it is nothing is worth that much money in the modeling world. Ridiculous.

BigA,

- Good thing they aren't selling one of those "ridiculously" priced Cutting Edge 1/32 British Phantom conversions that sell for $2000 - $3000 on the Evilbay!!!! Where have you been for the last decade? Thrumpter 32nd kits that retail for $200 plus. Hobbyboss 48 kits tippin over $100. Don't blam the sellers for what the buyers are willing to pay!

Edited by ThePlasticMaster

I hadn't built a model in about 15 years. I can somewhat to a degree understand kit prices even though I still won't pay it. (I've wanted the Trump 32nd A-10 forever but can't see myself paying 150$ for it) But when these are just additions to a kit that seems outrageous. I guess I just wish I had that kind of disposable income. But then if I did I probably wouldn't be modeling because I'd be too busy spending my money.