Here's my latest finished model. Took less than two months, which for me is lightning speed! Academy's 1/48 Spitfire FR.XIVe with about half of the resin from the Daco Productions correction set (nose, spinner, props, guns and radiators). Aeromaster decals. Paint is all Mr Color. For a full rundown of my experience building the kit and a lot more photos, visit my build page.

Thanks for looking!

Cheers

Jon

SPITFIRE14E_008.JPG

SPITFIRE14E_033.JPG

SPITFIRE14E_023.JPG

SPITFIRE14E_001.JPG

SPITFIRE14E_021.JPG

SPITFIRE14E_030.JPG

Hi Jon

Great Spit.

I just read you used the old version of my Spitfire Improvement Set and had a lot of problems with it...

It's too late for you now, but I just want to let other modellers know that this set was remastered in 2009, and especially the nose is now casted in a different way (no longer from the front part but from the cockpit side) so there's no longer that annoying seam. Also the props have been redone and two seats are given now (with and without cushions)

Also the white metal landing gears have been redone, and are now casted perfectly.

FSpit3.jpg

Danny

DACO Products

http://ultra.glo.be/daco

Edited by DACO Products

Thanks for the extra info Danny. My build will probably be published on Hyperscale in about 6 weeks. You might like to contact Brett Green so that you can have this information about the reissued and improved set added at the end of my article.

Best

Jon