6 turnin' 4 burnin'

This is the original release of the kit from the 80s. I love the artwork on the old Monogram boxes.

DSC06030.jpg

This model came from the Southern expo years ago. I wanted the original issue for the SAC decals and the jet pods. Its been in this state for a while so i think i may kick start it again. First thing it needs is a good wash. Theres a few years of dust on this one. Hopefully i can get some primer on it before the rain comes later in the week.

DSC06028.jpg

DSC06029.jpg

For those who dont know the size of the B-36 , here it is next to a 1/72 Nimrod.

DSC06031.jpg

For the finish i think im going to go with Halford Alluminium with the White undersides.

Thanks chaps.Rescribe one? are you insane??!! lol.

luckily the weather is good today so i have managed to prime the Peacemaker. All of my joints are rubbed down well but the wing to fuselage needs attention. There is quite a big step on one side.

DSC06036.jpg

DSC06041.jpg

DSC06037.jpg

DSC06040.jpg

DSC06039.jpg

DSC06038.jpg

Nice look at an old topic!

Anyone else on the list actually been inside a B-36? I was in the USAFM's bird in 1978!

When I was a kid in the early 1960s, my dad was stationed in Ft Worth at Carswell AFB. There was a B-36J on display at Greater Southwest Airport (now closed). They let people go inside it. I still remember looking through the cockpit windows, and seeing the tunnel with the little cart that traversed the bomb bay. That airplane is now at the Pima Museum next to Davis-Monthan AFB.

I found these photos on the web awhile back of some other family visiting the B-36 at Greater Southwest, you can see the stairs going up inside the nose wheel well. This is exactly as how I remember seeing it, I think these photos must have been taken around the same time:

B36-FtWorth4.jpg

B36-FtWorth3.jpg

B36-FtWorth1.jpg

• 2 months later...