Coming to a runway near me!

Ford-Tri-Motor0001.jpg

I've had the pleasure to fly in a Tri-motor 3 times previously but it's been well over 10 years since the last time. I've flown in a lot of different airplanes in my relatively short life yet my wife has never done anything other than a commercial jet. Pretty much got her talked into this so looking forward to it in a couple weeks!

Edited by Bigasshammm

The Tin Goose is my all-time favorite airplane..mainly because I got my first airplane ride in one, back in 1976 (the Island Airlines Ford.) When I was a volunteer at the Kalamazoo Air Zoo, I flew in their Tri-Motor at least a dozen times. And I had the privelage of riding the the copilot's seat of the EAA Ford back in 2004 (I don't know if they still do it, but back then they would let passengers ride in the right seat, since it's rated as a single-pilot aircraft.)

SN

The Tin Goose is my all-time favorite airplane..mainly because I got my first airplane ride in one, back in 1976 (the Island Airlines Ford.) When I was a volunteer at the Kalamazoo Air Zoo, I flew in their Tri-Motor at least a dozen times. And I had the privelage of riding the the copilot's seat of the EAA Ford back in 2004 (I don't know if they still do it, but back then they would let passengers ride in the right seat, since it's rated as a single-pilot aircraft.)

SN

I was checking out the website and you can co pilot seat the flight but that has to be purchased on site and it's a 100$. If I was going by myself I'd probably do it but since the wife is going I won't. I didn't realize till a lil later on that it's here on weekdays which sucks but my wife managed to get that Tuesday off so it's a go!

I'll take pics and maybe a vid with our crap camera and see how it turns out.

Hopefully it's a nice day.

I was checking out the website and you can co pilot seat the flight but that has to be purchased on site and it's a 100$

Well, in the interest of full disclosure, my ride was a freebie. I was working at a radio station, and they always take up a load of media folks when they come into town to generate some publicity (I've gotten three free B-17 rides the same way..made up for the fact that the job didn't pay squat!)

SN