Hi! Does anybody have an idea of what should be the interior color of the S-37 Berkut's canopy? Any picture of it would be greatly appreciated. I goggled but couldn't find any. Thanks in advance!

Edited by flybywire

Lacking any actual photographic proof, I would wager it is the same blue as the cockpit interior. That's how Su-27s and derivatives are painted (as well as other Russian types), and with the Su-37 being more-or-less a Su-27 derivative I would think "cockpit color" would be the safe bet. I don't see Sukhoi changing common practice for a one-off aircraft.

I don't think the cockpit interior and canopy frame are exactly the same color in Su-27 and similar Sukhoi jets. The pit interior is teal, but the canopy frame seems to have more grey and less blue in it. Maybe it's just dirty or faded, idk.

Su-47 definitely has the same pit color as a Su-27 though.

@drake - did some more checking of pics, and I see what you mean. Seems to vary, though, for example this plane has a canopy frame interior that sure looks like the cockpit blue to me. But this two-seater is pretty definitely gray. Most pics show the windscreen bow and the sills, which always seem to be the same color as the cockpit interior (excluding the seals and latches), so I think that is the safest choice there, for the moving canopy I guess it could go either way (blue or gray).

I think there's some confusion here. The plane flybywire is asking about is the Su-47/S-37 Berkut FSW demonstrator. Not quite the same beast as the Su-37.

As for the cockpit/canopy interior color, I suspect Ken Duffey would have a more definitive answer. I do know that Russian Flankers have a pale gray cockpit, as opposed to the turquoise blue-green of some earlier Soviet aircraft cockpits.

I think there's some confusion here. The plane flybywire is asking about is the Su-47/S-37 Berkut FSW demonstrator. Not quite the same beast as the Su-37.

As for the cockpit/canopy interior color, I suspect Ken Duffey would have a more definitive answer. I do know that Russian Flankers have a pale gray cockpit, as opposed to the turquoise blue-green of some earlier Soviet aircraft cockpits.

Many thanks MiG31 and Ken Duffey for that clear and definitive answer to my subject in question!!

Edited by flybywire

bogdan_02_b.jpg

Also, notice an interesting detail in that picture.

Damn, I wish someone makes Su-47 kit in 1/48...

Anigrand?

(Checked with HPH it is not in their long term plans...)

Cheers,

P

Edited by Petarvu

Also, notice an interesting detail in that picture.

Well deduction wins again! Blue/blue-green like the cockpit (at least, I presume the cockpit is that color as well, that color looks like what is visible in a lot of online pics of Flanker cockpits).

Interesting detail.... hmmmm.... the open weapons bay doors?