What are the spare (un-used) engine parts for?

Spitfire version.

The engine sprue is identical to that found in the Spitfires, so, as A-4Silverfox says, the spares will be for the Spitfires.

Edgar

Ah, thank you. That probably also explains the need to nip bits off here and there too.

I appreciate the help guys, cheers. :salute:

:cheers:

• 2 weeks later...

I also made that misstake, but since i hadn't built the engine in my Spit mk XIV i could swap them. The engine in the Spit mk XIV and Mustang are the same (Packard-Merlin 266) but the intake airfilter are diffeent, so is the engine attachment parts in the kits. There are also some parts that are for the Rolls Royce Merlin 66 in the Spit mk IX and mk VIII kits. So be very carefull in what parts you use.

I also made that misstake, but since i hadn't built the engine in my Spit mk XIV i could swap them. The engine in the Spit mk XIV and Mustang are the same (Packard-Merlin 266) but the intake airfilter are diffeent, so is the engine attachment parts in the kits. There are also some parts that are for the Rolls Royce Merlin 66 in the Spit mk IX and mk VIII kits. So be very carefull in what parts you use.

I think you mean Spitfire XVI instead of Spitfire XIV since the XIV had a RR Griffon engine not a Packard-Merlin.