1/48 HS129B-3

That is indeed a very pretty model, and I think the heavy weathering looks entirely appropriate and rather atmospheric.

Would you care to elaborate on the issues you mention having with the Verlinden set? The Hasegawa in the box has a lot of very nice detail (IIRC) but nowhere near what you have there, with the dropped control surfaces and open access panels etc. Was that elegance the result of strife? Particularly like the adjusting tool on said access panel, which on a much cruder model (Esci with Eduard) I recall bodging a rougher version of...

Patrick

Thanks guys for the positive comments.

Patrick - All the Verlinden parts seem to have shrunk, thus making it necessary to add styrene and putty to make them fit properly. Maybe it was old and that is the reason? I know I've read plenty of accounts where resin parts have shrunk over time.

Antoine - I used both pencil and brush for the chipping. I ran the silver pencil over the raised surfaces and along some of the panel lines. The heavier spots where then done with a brush.