Zvezda Decal Wrinkle issues

I've now built 2 Zvezda kits. I built the 1:72 Mi-28 and now I'm trying to finish the Su-25. On the Havoc the larger Bort number decals wrinkled and now I'm running into the same problem with the Frogfoot. The only problem is that the decals are much bigger so alot more wrinkle. Both kits were coated with future prior to laying down the decals. Also I've used Micro-Sol on both kits. However I did NOT put MS down on the kit before the decals. I've put probably 20 applications of MS on the Su-25 trying to flatten the decals out to no avail. I've also cut the wrinkles with a fresh #11. I'm about to flat coat it and stuff it behind something.

My 2 questions are has anyone had similar issues with Zvezda decals? Also what could I possible do to get the decals flat on the Sukhoi? Below are some pic illustrating the problems. The Mi-28 is kind of dusty and I eventually got them to lay somewhat flat so it might be hard to make out the issues. Thanks for any help!

DSCN3221.jpg

DSCN3220.jpg

DSCN3219.jpg

DSCN3218.jpg

Edited by Doughboy

You could try laying the decals down in a pool of future and then wicking the excess away with a paper towel.

I have used this on old decals and it works very well.

Some decals do not like microscale products though I have never used Zvesda ones.

Julien

It looks like I am kinda getting them to flatten out. After about 30 applications of Micro-Sol I put down like 2 coats of Micro-Set and they are actually trying to lay down. I'll keep putting down the Micro-Set and see what happens.

had the same king of issue with some EagleCal 1/32 fw190 decals but i fix it on the second application of Micro-Sol wait til its almost dry and roll a Q-tip extremely gently on the decals to get the wrinkles out. Works wonders