IaI Dagger 1982 Malvinas

Hello Guys.Here is my Heller Mirage IIIE that I started building as a IaI Dagger in argentine service during the Malvinas war back in 82.I started by rescribing the panel lines and adding the resin nose I got from my friend Bad_Edd(Thanks Edd :) I also will add resin exaust seat and instrument panel.

IMG_3212.jpg

IMG_3210.jpg

Thank you for your kind words , gentlemen ! It is your your work that makes them look good :)

I will be following your build with great interest Dragan, as my beloved argentine Dagger, Mara and CJ sit half built in a box since 2009.

BTW, do you know this amazing site?

http://www.mirageargentina.com.ar/new/

Don't forget to add some weight wherever you can in the nose area, as in some of my mirages the weight of the resin exhausts made them tail-sitters.

Also, please note that the Daggers have the MB-6 seat, not 4.

Some little progress so far.I managed to rescribe some better panel lines than before(before assemlby).Now I still have to correct several more of the panels before I can start detailing the cockpit and the wheel wells.

IMG_3479.jpg

IMG_3480.jpg

IMG_3481.jpg

IMG_3482.jpg

Today I had some spare time so I fixed all bad panel lines I rescribed with not so steady hand :D I also managed to add some details in the cockpit area.Still much more to do before painting.I have to make some bomb pylons and scratchbuild the canons

IMG_3483.jpg

IMG_3484.jpg

Today I had some more free time so I spent it modeling the dagger.Here are some bomb slots that I made out of plastic and spare L-39 slots that I modified.I made those small air intakes on the upper part of the fuselage.Also I made two antenas out of styrene.Still much more to do before I can think of painting.

IMG_3488.jpg

IMG_3489.jpg

IMG_3490.jpg

Great job dragan!!!

I've some doubt about the fuel tanks;Latin American Mirages of Harpia Publishing stated a little use of the 500lt. supersonic tanks during the Falkland/Malvinas War( principally in the very first days of war when mounted QRA duty, armed with a pair of Shafrir 2 ), but during the attack mission the Dagger usually flew with the 1300lt. tanks or the 1700lt. ( the same big one of the kit ) and 2/4 bombs,plus the full load of round for the 30 mm cannon.

If you choice to use the 1700lt. tanks, an interesting modelling note: between 5-9 June, Perù start the delivery of surplus Mirage 5Ps plus AS-30 missiles and spare parts to Argentina so you can paint one or both these tanks in Perù camo.

But if you will rapresent a Dagger before or after the war no problem, they fly regularly with the 500lt.

I hope to be useful my friend,I can't wait to see this one finished!!!!

Cheers,ù

Gianni

Hi Dragan!

Really nice result, the nose is amazing!

I have planed to biuld this Mirage version but in Israeli colours... only one is missing a correct nose.

I am waitnig for the final result....

Do you have idea about what type of weapons will be hunging under the Nesher???

Cheers Polo

Thanks fro the input guys.Here is one picture from the time of the war.It shows theese Israeli built tanks with an interesting camo(this is the one I am building C-145).Well I was wondering were to find some bombs but it looks like I am going to use MK-82`s.I just cant find MK-17 or BRM-250 bombs.Any suggestions will be appriciated.

1215692401044_f.jpg

Sorry mate,I don't want contradict you, but the tanks of the pics ( like in "my" Harpia book ) aren't the 500lt. Israeli-built ones, but those ones of 880lt. ( as the belly one )or 1250lt.,the pylon showed in your pics are indicative,because was used with the tanks from 600lt. up and the 500lt.'s use the very low ones, almost attached to the lower wing surface.

For the bombs,I think you can convert some spare.

Cheers,

Gianni.

No problem at all :) you are correct this are the bigger ones.I will see soon what will be the loadout at the end.But I am sure that it will be the supersonic israeli built tanks and some bombs.maybe mk.82`s.I am still thinking of a dagger with yellow wing and vertical fin markings.

Thanks fro the input guys.Here is one picture from the time of the war.It shows theese Israeli built tanks with an interesting camo(this is the one I am building C-145).Well I was wondering were to find some bombs but it looks like I am going to use MK-82`s.I just cant find MK-17 or BRM-250 bombs.Any suggestions will be appriciated.

http://www.freightdogmodels.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=821&osCsid=bfd20030c546354d0bae69490efa13a0

HTH,

V.