"Missouri Armada" colors?

Peter:

While there is no definitive proof that the aircraft you're looking for information on is NOT OD/NG, the weight of the cirumstantial evidence provided by Merle Olmstead and others from the 357th state that while some aircraft were OD/NG, the majority were painted from RAF paint stocks and would have most likely been Dark Green over Medium Sea Grey. Having said that there is no definitive way to tell from B&W photos, which aircraft were painted which colors. Even the color photographs of the aircraft that do exist are tough to tell.

Now on to your question. There are no direct FS numbers which equate to the AN numbers used to paint aircraft in the 40's but 34087 olive drab and 36270 neutral grey are close. I do not know what Gunze Sanyo Aqueous colors represent those two but I'm sure a quick google search will yield the desired information.

This link has a photo of "Passion Wagon" in color which was in the same squadron .My guess it would be very close as "Missouri Armada".

The photo is towards the bottom.

http://www.cebudande...g_photos_01.htm

Hope this helps.

Rick

Sorry about my ignorance, but looking Passion Wagon picture... Which colours wears? RAF paint scheme or USA paints OD/NG?

Bye for now...

One other possibility, and it has been suggested by Dana Bell, is the use of Army Olive Drab (not Army Air Force) paint stock. Not at all far fetched. After all, Army Corps of Engineer sand was used on P-39s in the Pacific. The gray could be MSG.

ODp51Dcooter_zps1da94146.jpg

ODp51dBUTCHBABY_zps89f9275a.jpg