Tamiya Red Bull RB6

Well, it's available...it's not cheap (I guess the licensing fees were very high...) and it's on the way. I will post up pictures when I get it. The only reason I would spend this much on a plastic 1/20 car is to keep the collection complete. I wasn't impressed with the pre-production pictures shown by Tamiya but I guess I'm the sucker they are marketing it to.

Cheers,

Kurt

For what's in the box I don't see it as being expensive at all. I got two of them from a preorder so I think I paid roughly 52$ a piece then add on a lil shipping.

But the kit includes seatbelts, pe fret complete with tire stencils, and a comprehensive decal sheet. And it costs less than the newer Fujimi kits that don't come with any of that.

I'm totally a fan.

Where'd you get yours and how much was it?

The kit also includes a helmut.

But no decals for the helmut. What the H?

Well if you just throw a bunch of paint on it in different splashes and various random decals it will probably look close to one of the hundred or so different helmets Vettel has worn over the last 3 years.

But yeah not sure about that one.

The new Fujimi Sauber coming out with the Kobayashi figure has decals for the helmet but nothing for the firesuit.

:dontknow:

I guess I'm just becoming a cheap bastard in my old age! :)/>

I hear you.

I'm the cheapest of cheap bastards too though. These new F1 cars are about the only kits I've bought at retail since I started doing models again 2 years or so ago.

And I'll probably get the Saubers and the Lotus if it gets released next year. May get the Ferrari too but I only own one Ferrari so far and there's many other F1 cars to get. Never liked Ferrari if that's not evident!

I sit in anticipation everyday when the mail truck is on my street hoping for my box from HLJ with the Red Bulls. Still hasn't shown.

Got it! Opened it! Under the engine cowl....nothing to see here! And don't plan on getting a new decal sheet separately. Not going to be sold. I suppose the aftermarket decal people will be glad to see that. The included carbon fibre is just ridiculous so plan on getting some of that. The rest of the kit is exactly like you'd expect it. I did see some injection sink holes in a few places on the undertray, the f-duct and a couple of other places on a quick first glance.

• 3 weeks later...