• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

Thanks for the encouragement,

The painting on the ferris scheme wasn't too bad. I used good ole Mk1 eyeball to line up the tape, compared to the drawings on the decal sheet. I kept the edge of the tape slightly above the surface in order to get a straight but soft edge.

Its getting close to the finish ok but still a good bit to do, and as if that is not enough I have misplaced the inner weapons pylons! :doh:/> I have plenty of spares so I will just dig into them...

At last,

Despite the fantastic weather we are getting here I managed to get a bit more done on my F-4s.

Decals finished, Matt coat on and dried. Starting to fit the remaining bits

The Ferris Bird first,

DSCF3844.JPG

DSCF3845.JPG

After the Matt coat dried I got a lot of silvering with the decals.

It was easily solved, a few cuts in the decal with a new scalpel blade and the future/klear was gently applied with a fine brush to the cuts… silvering gone.

I had used micro set and micro sol with the decals (afterburner decals printed by cartograph) and it didn’t work as well as previous occasions ( I had a gloss surface prior to application) I think I will go back to what works.. future…

For the tail areas I used a combination of humbrol metallic paints and a few different washes.

DSCF3849.JPG

I also dirtied up the bottom of the second F-4 .

DSCF3847.JPG

I hope to have another update shortly,

When all this is dry and set I will be doing some of the detail painting and then the phinal phit….

Thanks for looking

Gary

Hello again,

Im calling these two Phinished…

There are a few bits I think I could have done a bit better but on the whole Im happy with them.

So what I have is 2x F-4S. 1 built out of the box with no additional details.

The second using an Aires cockpit, D Mould intakes and Afterburner decals.

Paints used were Humbrol and XtraColor. Airbrush used was a cheap “Fastmover tools†suction airbrush with a medium nozzle fitted.

I used Hobby tec washes and Xtracolor matt varnish for the finish.

Here are a few pics…

DSCF3958.JPG

DSCF3959.JPG

DSCF3961.JPG

DSCF3966.JPG

DSCF3968.JPG

DSCF3942.JPG

DSCF3946.JPG

DSCF3955.JPG

I will add some more pics to the finished section later on.

Thanks for looking,

Gary