Wow

Just learn that Round2 just aquired J.Lloyd International, that's mean Lindberg and Hawks models brand, with five brands under their banner their sure are more serious than ever. Hope that it's for the best and that will reflected positively for us.

ooohhh. Maybe they'll keep up with the Lindberg Charger Police car and perhaps even follow up with some more like it (New Taurus units or newer body style Chargers, etc...) Hopefully this is good news, I know Lindberg was struggling to keep it's model operations going.

Bill

I hope Round2 will consider releasing some of the never-reissued Pyro 1/32 Table Top kits; the '52 Chevy Custom Wagon, '34 Ford Victoria (Tudor), and the '32 and '34 Plymouth Sedans. Lindberg reboxed a few of the 24 subjects in the orginal series, but never those four. (Consequently the original Pyro kits sell for upwards of $150-200 (USD) a piece!)

It would be nice to see some of the good ol' Hawk kits again, too. (BTW, the original Hawk mold for the 1/48 Gee Bee racer that Testors re-issued several times actually dates from 1948!!!!!)

cheers

Old Blind Dog

This appears to be an unsubstantiated rumor. Nothing about it on Round2's press-release page (as there surely would be) nor on any of the J. Lloyd affiliated brands' sites. Round2 did acquire one of J. Lloyd's affiliates (a manufacturer of slot car bodies) in October, but that seems to be as far as it went.

cheers

Old Blind Dog

It was also posted on Round2's facebook page. Sadly, more and more companies are concentrating most of their on-line presence to Facebook so if you don't have facebook or don't frequent it, news takes longer to get to you. I only know of their FB announcment because I did a Google search after reading about it here. I'm sure eventually their ad team will update their normal website as well.

Bill