Hasegawa 1/16 Sopwith Camel

I can't find any discussion over here about the new Hasegawa 1/16 Sopwith Camel? I better start one then! :-)

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10223161

I just ordered one from HLJ. I really hope the aftermarket takes care of business here! Some photo etch fittings from Eduard would be great! Especially rigging points, like this guy made for his 1/16 Model Airways Camel http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234925788-116-sopwith-camel/

One thing about the Hase Camel is its wheel stance though. From the pics it seems as if the wheel axles are "stuck" in unloaded position. When on ground the axles should angle slightly up. Anyway, that should be possible to fix...

Anyone else psyched about this kit?

Jorgen "Troll" Toll

:trolls:/>

I wonder if this is the same 1/16th kit they issued over 20 years ago?

Hasegawa has never issued a 1/16 Camel before. They did a 1/8 Camel once, and they did a 1/16 Wright Flyer.

This one is new.

Edit: You may also be confused by the 1/16 Camel from Model Airways. That one is a wood and metal kit.

Jorgen "Troll" Toll

:trolls:

Edited by Troll

Hasegawa has never issued a 1/16 Camel before. They did a 1/8 Camel once, and they did a 1/16 Wright Flyer.

This one is new.

Edit: You may also be confused by the 1/16 Camel from Model Airways. That one is a wood and metal kit.

Jorgen "Troll" Toll

:trolls:/>

Thanks for cleaning up my brain cob-webs. :rolleyes:

FP

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

That kit is beautiful. I will order one soon, but would appreciate updates on your progress. I was at the AF Museum yesterday with my 17 year old Daughter looking at an uncovered wing trying to explain that it was shear artwork not just technical advancement