Anybody ever...

Yup, done it once so far. Have a few more planned. I honestly just get a hold of the revell F forward fuselage halves, cut off the nose just forward of the cockpit. Do the same to the G model amd graft on the F nose. Fist time I did it I used on the lower parts of an F nose with the upper parts of the G nose to get an F with bulged cheeks.

Tried it like this first, couldnt make it work.

PC150506.jpg

OctoberPics082.jpg

Ended up just using the upper halves of the G nose.

P5110030.jpg

P5110027.jpg

I'd recomend getting the nose job set from Koster, has a few different nose cones and bulged cheek mounts correct for the F models

P2092126.jpg

Next G to F swaps will be done like this

PC222724_zpsf5f67ac9.jpg

For fun, a group shot of the whole fleet

PC222723_zps30bd9dc9.jpg

Convert a Revell 1:48 B-17G into a late model B-17F? If so, any pics or info?

Like B-17 "psycho" Guy said its pretty straight forward. Although you will need at least parts of two kits to do it unless you completely scrtchbuild it which is possible too. Just get as many pics as possible and you can see which parts need cut out. The problem with some is the nose comes but if you're ok with vac windows Koster does late model F conversions I think with different nose cones. Not sure if still available BG will know. The G and F fuselages from rev/mon are pretty much the same so any pieces cut from each fit nicely together. Just like you can use all the interior pieces from the G in a F fuselage to give it more detail.

Depending on how much it matters to you, the floor in the nose of the F was completely different from the G. This detail has been missed in every F kit out there. Here are a couple of CAD drawings and the parts I made for my G to F conversion. Which I never finished... I always have good intentions ; ) !!!! Note: the bombardiers floor is as it came from the factory. But as the seat was usually removed, the opening in the center section was usually coved with a piece of plywood or the area was just filled with seat cushions like the final photo.

FnoseIso.jpg

Ffloor.jpg

Ffloor48th003.jpg

Twinnoseguns.jpg