Revell / Ozmods 1/144 C-2 Greyhound

Title says it all. Started cleaning it up last night and glued the fuselage halves together. It was a pain lining it up but I think I got it pretty stright. The main wing sits in the top, just as on an E-2C build. The rear mounting area between the flaps is off-center a bit so I have to do some trimming to get it lined up correctly. I'll add more pics tonight. Tonight I will make an attempt to mask the windscreen and add a coat of paint, it's a pain in th rear dealing with this clear plastic. Since it is so small, I'm not overly concerned with panel lines but using photo's for reference, I'll probably add some using a fine lead pencil.

Chris

ozmods_zps66a133ba.jpg

ozmods2_zpsa1bf5ef4.jpg

Edited by kg4kpg

And I may be able to help out with decals depending on what squadron and det you are doing ...

At the very least I have the black stripe, navy, squadron, glare shield, modex and buno (44) printed up by Microscale on a custom project. I can hook you up with

Thanks for the offer. I have the Ozmod sheet, was going to just use it. Recovering from the furlough, can't buy much of anything these days. You have great decals though, got a sheet with a kit in a trade once.

Well, since the fuselage is clear, I didn't realize just how not-smooth the contact area is to join the two halves together. Wen I sprayed a primer coat on I had several canyons to fill. The portion of the fuselage that comes up behind the main wing between the flaps is too wide and slightly crooked. I had to scrape out some from each side plus I scraped just a tiny bit from the inside edge of the flaps. The wing sits okay now, just need some filler on the front and back.

I'm sure I'll have some more pics p over the weekend.

A little progress with some paint. The ramp in back needed some filler to cover the canyons, I've since sanded around it and added some lost detail back. I'll spray the white tonight.I had to trim and scrape for the rear horizontal stabilizer to sit level and just about snapped it in two. It's pretty thin. The main wing sits level and will require just a little filler before painting it to blend into the rest. TBC...

c21_zpsa6f3110f.jpg

c22_zps80ca9230.jpg

Moving along. Most of the paintings done, I'm going to do the thin fuselage stripe before I glue the wings on, once they are on, I'll fill the gaps, just a little touch up paint, then all the fiddly bits and decals.

6baa5035e6ab3e5632105ff7c4733bb6_zpsa8bb3292.jpg

1104771b7ce0149a64d2c74c24b415ca_zps7e824cfa.jpg

Some progress and potential disaster. The fuselage is decal'd up with exception of a couple I'm waiting to apply later. I'll decal the engines tonight with the red danger arrows tonight then mount and fill the wing. The rear is going to take a bit as I have lost the starboard verticle stabilizer somehow. Luckily I hadn't put the decal on yet and I'm going to try to make one from card. Two this sheets gave me an accetable thickness and I got it cut, just need to fine-tune the shape, sand it to this it out in the rear, scribe it and decal it then I'll be back on track. Somehow OzMods molds got confused. The windows on both sides are in the wrong place, based on reference pics I have. I'm just going to paint over then and put a dark grey round decal or paint spot in the correct location. May even drill them out and fill with clear. The panel lines on the prt side don't match the right side and are incorrect as well. They set up the side about a 1/4" to high. So, enough of my dribble, here's a couple pics.

c23_zpsd797b0aa.jpg

c24_zpsd71f1a87.jpg

c25_zpsbe19ca7e.jpg

Edited by kg4kpg

It's looking good! Are you actually going to do a diorama?

Thanks for doing this conversion, I've seen it for a long time, and with how good it's looking here, I'm thinking of getting it now.

I think even though Ozmods seems to make it as simple and accurate as possible, it definately needs a skilled modeler. My skills will give me a model I'll be happy with though, definitely a challenge considering my lack of patience. I hope to finish this week then I have a carrier deck piece to set it on for pics.

Edited by kg4kpg