Beechcraft 1900D Model?

Is there a B1900D model available anywhere? I saw an old thread about one made by Liberty models (http://www.airlinercafe.com/forums.php?m=posts&q=4382). What ever happened to it? I can't find any other trace of it anywhere. Is there any other B1900Ds availiable in either 1/144 or 1/72 (or any other scale for that matter)? Thank you for your help!

I've resorted to printing out a 3 view in 1/144 scale and will try to carve my own out of wood/plastic. But it's years away from becoming a current project. Probably when I get it almost done, someone will come out with a resin kit. Until then, my Central Mountain Air decals will wait in the shoebox

Cheers, Tony

As I produce decals for B1900C & D users in NZ this is a question I have been fielding.

My understanding (from unverified second party information so do not treat this as gospel) is that Liberty Quality have gone out of business and no-one knows the whereabouts or fate of the moulds. I have several of their kits including the B1900D and Bandierante - they are superb and easy to build.

There IS still a 1/144 option - Duarte do the B1900D in resin. Basic but usable and much easier to build than the older Sasquatch kits that still occasionally surface second hand on E-Bay. Duarte kits appear to be only available on E-Bay and he only sells what he has in stock so you need to keep looking to catch the "next batch".

Thanks Ray for the heads up on RVHP. Even though they are difficult kits to build that removes the only source I am aware of in 1/72 for the B1900C, King Air and Metroliner.

Kits of the third level feeder airliners are hard to find - even in resin. Some, like the Cessna 208 Caravan have never been done. We really need a kit manufacturer dedicated to this segment of the market.

John

Oldmodels Decals

maker of digital and inkjet decals for NZ aircraft subjects

www.oldmodelsdecals.com

Hi Runaway34r,

I actual have a beech 1900D in 1/144 from this ebay sell 2uniquesellers whom is apart to a group of resin models whom main Beechcraft aircraft from the Baron all the way up to the 1900D very basic. they are very bacis models. I all have the 1/72 Beechcraft 1900D from Liberty Models is not as good as the RVHP Beech 1900C. try this site:

http://airalex.homestead.com/KITSFORSALE.html

or the other ways is that all modeller's whom is after this aircraft is keep asking the resin manufactors to develop it or you could go down track of obtaining a 3D printer.

There is another way but it is a bit of a chop shop way of obtaining the mach 2 King Air 200 and doing it that way. good luck if you go that way.

Sean

Edited by scoops12

Very good news. Hopefully they are now over their problems whatever they were.

I have built the B1900D - superb kit. Will be after some more when they are available.

I also have the RVHP B1900C - looks similar in quality to their Metroliner and King Air which are difficult builds.

John

Guys,

Just to give credit where credit is deserved.

I know we have had some bad experiences with a certain as#$%^^& in Brasil, Poland, etc,

but as far as Liberty Quality, Odair continues to provide me with some exceptional service

all the way from the World Cup 2014 host.....Brasil.

I recently received a couple of gorgeous kits, 1/72 Bandeirante and an incredible EMB 120 Brasilia.

And as I mention before, the 1/72 ATR is available now and the Beech 1900D coming soon.

Walter

• 1 month later...

I received my Beech 1900D in Delta colors and my ATR 42-500 with Trip decal.

The service from Odair is the best. Register mail about 12 days from Brasil

to Houston.

The kits are 1/72 scale and for those of you who like clear windows, they have

a very nice clear resin poor from the inside of the fuselage making the clear windows

flush and smooth.

The parts do not fit perfectly but a little filler will take care of the problem.

The thing to remember here is the fact that you are getting a very nice 1/72 scale ATR

and Beech 1900D. RVHP made the 1900 but not the D.

The props are fantastic and I am even happy with the way the models are packed.

I highly recommend these kits to you guys!

Walter

Oh wow!!!

It is good to see that my good friend's

Don Schmenk model masters are alive.

Don hand crafted a whole lot of civil aviation 1/144 models.

The Learjet and Beechcraft lines were incredible.

If you guys are ever in Houston, please visit the

"1940 Air Terminal Museum". Don donated all his finished models

and they are superb. (http://www.1940airterminal.org/)

Hey, you might see a couple of my airliner models there as well! :)

Walter