32ND Revell Lynx MK88 Question

Hey guys, does the MK88 boxing of the 32nd scale Lynx come with the nose parts that include the under nose Sea Spray radar and the over nose Sea Owl thermal imaging sensor? They are not used on the MK88 version. I've heard only the early kits and that all boxing's have these parts, anybody know for sure if they are included in all the kits. Thanks.

Chuck

Hey guys, I'll answer my own question. Yes, the MK.88A kit #4652-0389 does contain the parts. Just picked the kit up for a great price at Freetime Hobby.

Chuck

• 1 month later...

Continuing with some questions regarding this kit, rather then opening a topic of my own, if that's ok.

Are there any differences between a Mk.88 and a Mk.90 Lynx?

And are there any Danish Navy Mk.90 decals in 1:32 available?

Continuing with some questions regarding this kit, rather then opening a topic of my own, if that's ok.

Are there any differences between a Mk.88 and a Mk.90 Lynx?

And are there any Danish Navy Mk.90 decals in 1:32 available?

1. Exernal differences include mainly anntennae and congruent sliding door windows on buth sides (as with Royal Navy) rather than the shifted backwards window on port side with the MK. 88. (suitable door can be taken from HAS.3 boxing)

2. Ask at http://www.stoppel.dk if he will be willing to print them in 32 scale. He has them in 72 and 48 scale.

Thanks for your reply. But it also scared me. Why, I have the HAS.3 boxing and wanted to make a Dutch SH-14D out of it. But you're comment about the doors made me worried. And my worries were correct. De port door in the HAS3 kit looks like it isn't the right one for a Dutch SH-14D. But it looks like the port door from the MK.88 kit is the right one for the SH-14D. So if I swap them then everything will be alright, if I got it right (hopefully, will make some things a lot easier)

Will look into the decals.

Edited by Mad Viper