Baby back ribs are marinating as we speak, homemade baked beans are simmering on the lowest heat on the side burner after soaking overnight (thick cut bacon will be grilled and added just prior to serving), corn is tied and soaking in water to be thrown on the grill later, obligatory ice chest filled with suds and sodas has already been raided once...or twice (hey...grilling without a coldie just feels wrong :cheers: ) and baseball will be on the radio in about an hour (for the Pirates vs. Yanks...alternating with the White Sox vs. Astros later in the afternoon...GO BUCS and GO ASTROS!) Summer.... :thumbsup: !

Cheers all... :cheers:

Here is what's for breakfast - "Burnin' Bloody" (anything with a couple of types of hot sauce and bacon in it has to be good) at the New World Tavern, Plymouth, MA, accompanied by a Mexican pulled pork omelet.

KIMG0023_zpsad94333b.jpg

Dinner will be jerk chicken kebabs on the grill with rice and black beans. Therein lies a problem, my middle girl (15 years old) has no tolerance for anything with a bit of spice to it. Her idea of kicking it up is to put ketchup on her plain cheeseburger. I grew up oversees eating all sorts of native dishes and love intense flavors and non-US cuisine. In order to maintain the peace, we alternate each night, something to her liking one night (meatloaf, steak, spaghetti) and the other nights, we cook the good stuff and she has to deal with it. We were hoping she would grow out of this phase but after 15 years, it probably isn't going to happen. To make things more interesting, my youngest girl (2 years old) will eat anything. Haven't seen to many toddlers who crave spicy kimchee but she does!

Gotta get the middler off to college so I can start eating the good stuff every night.

Bon Appetit!

Edited by 11bee