Me-262 camo question

I'm about to start painting an Me-262 and had a question about the camouflage on the upper surfaces. What I wanted to know was whether the "splinter camo" on the wings was a "hard edged" straight line or a "soft edge" just painted relatively straight by hand from the crews?

Thanks

Dan

if it's the same for their tanks they had masks and tools to paint numbers and that mess of ambush camouflage,so I think straight lines at first,and when in paint shop or touch-ups with soft edge.

Spitfire and stuff had premade mask to paint them and make they look boringly identic

109 and the others had what I think an example to follow with three or four set of colors but everything/lines/mottle minus yellow ID strips was up to the crew

Soft edges and rather straight lines.

The (then) effective painting guides were explicitly stipulating "merging" colour transitions.

Either by applying soft paint edges or by applying zigzagging "sawtooth" colour demarcation lines within a prescribed area of 5 or 10 centimetres.

Luftwaffe Colour Demarcation

Erik

Edited by Airfixer