1/32 A-6A intake to engine issues

Hey Guys,

According to the directions on the A-6 build, it says to insert the front of the "white house" into the rear of the intake tunnel. While dry fitting the engine into the intake tunnel, I noticed that it creates a lip inside the intake not giving that "smooth flow" from the intake to the fan blades. Anyone else building this model have the same problem and/or a solution? I wish I could take pics, but my camera is inop. So I hope I explained this well. Thanks.

Jason

I think the different diameters is what you're talking about?

This has been noted by others. I recall somewhere, I thought here on ARC of someone using engine parts instead since they were closer diameter. Another option, and also that the lip should be there, is talked about at LSP forum

Edited by Steve Belanger

Thanks Guys!

I used to crawl in these things to inspect the fan blades (AKA Duct Diver) and now I DO recall a lip there! (getting old) Just saw the pic on LSP website. Mine is pretty pronounced tho. Now knowing about the lip, I won't sweat it as much.

Karl, you REALLY need to post your build here. AWESOME WORK!!! :thumbsup:

i had the same problem on my build, "corrected" it, only to find out there IS a lip in the intake

http://forum.largescaleplanes.com/index.php?showtopic=47834&page=1

I did a 1/48 scale intake set that is in two parts, when glued up, it has the lip. I was flamed badly when I posted them for retail.

The flamer said I was wrong.....so I posted a shot down the intake.

I didn't hear from the flamer again.