MB Mk. GRU5 seat question

Hello,

here's a question for the NavAir guys. What was the colour of the backrest/ seat cushion on the GRU5 seats in A-6A and (early) A-6E Intruders? The only colour photos I have are taken in a simulator cockpit and they're bright orange. I'm therefore not sure if this applies to all GRU5's in normal operational service as well. There are some b/w pics in the Aerofax EA-6A/EA-6B book which could suggest orange as well, but it could just as well be another relatively bright colour...

I'm writing up the instruction sheet for my upcoming GRU5 sets and would like to get the colour call out correct.

Cheers

Jeffrey

Here's a quick sampler montage I put together of Vietnam A-6A's where the orange is obvious:

seats.jpg

Saying that though, I did find only a couple that do appear dark green and that are -5's (one example is the cover photo image of the AOA stencil sheet), but vast majority appeared to be orange.

Hi Jeffery,

The seat and back pads were orange on the GRU-5's in my sqdn (196) during 1971-75, including the couple cruises to SEA. We had A, B, and D's. Most we're pretty dirty. When we started getting our early E's in later part of 75 they had the GRU-7's and the orange pads were gone.

hth

Gary