Any word on Release date of Minicraft KC-135A?

I've not seen the Welsh parts, but I can tell you that Paul Fisher is a fanatic about accuracy.

Agreed. His stuff fixes the major issues with the current Minicraft E. If his J-57 are as good as his TF-33's, we'll be all set. Likewise if he is doing a Rivet Joint conversion, and it's as accurate as his replacement KC nose, we'll be golden. Fingers, toes, and legs crossed they are. I spent a small fortune on three of the Welsh conversions. Only real bonus were the decals that came with the kits.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

So I finally picked up the new 135A boxing and I'm not surprised by contents though I am a bit disappointed. The kit comes with the same horizontal stabs as the "E" and "R" boxing so you'll have to trim the ends down to make the smaller span tail feathers. I'm not entirely sure how much in this scale so if anyone knows exact amount to take off, I'd be very appreciative. It also comes with the refueling flood light on the top of the vertical stab. If you plan on making an early version of the "A" you'll need to file this down so the end of the fin cap matches the trailing edge of the tail and then thin down the sides. I recall seeing most of the 135's that came up to Eielson as part of Alaska Tanker Task Force in the mid 80's and they didn't have this feature so I'd say late 50's, 60's and 70's birds will have to have this shaved off.

It still has that same crappy windshield all the other boxings have and as Jennings has pointed out, the misshapen J-57's.

So now that we have kits of pretty much each variant of the venerable KC, we need someone to get working on updated decals in 1/144 scale for all the different KC's.

Don