RV Resin MiG-23ML question

Hey folks,

I just got myself an RV Resin Flogger (MiG-23ML boxing), but am a bit puzzled by the somewhat vague "one size fits all" instructions.

On the real Flogger-G there should be RWR bumps on both sides of the ventral strake. Do I need stronger glasses, or are these not included?

The box top also shows a scabbed on chaff dispenser next to the vertical tail; am I right in thinking this is not included either?

It seems weird that RV Resin go as far as including new forward fuselage halves to accomodate panel changes, and then not giving us those more prominent details...

Finally, which main gear legs should be used for the ML, 50 or 51?

Cheers,

Andre

I had to take a look at my ML and yes, I agree with your observations. The RWR bumps are nowhere to be found, and neither are the chaff/flare dispensers shown in the box art. I am not sure but the dispensers were unique to Syrian MLs, right?

Weird yes, but quite typical for RV Resin. Their MiG-23BN kit has the MiG-23M windshield which is not correct, even though RV Resin did a completely new transparent sprue for the kit. With all the mistakes included the RV kits are still by far the best MiG-23s in 1/72 scale.

ML has the higher stance featured in later Floggers, so part 51 are the correct main gear legs.

Edited by digit

Yeah even in the MS box things are wonky with MF and other parts in,no mention for the two rails,chaff dispenser is here too,went to check Model Art kit and looks like I saved up some money cause the long rails used on some exported models are not here either...

Is it true that both RV and Armory dual rails for Aphids are out of scale?I was planning to get rid of Dragon AA box as none of them seems to be a match with missiles contained in Zvezda boxes :-\

Edited by Mizar

Erm ... can I ask here?

Which RV -23 kit is correct ? Or the most correct ?

As I said when I asked and did a check myself it seems that RV took the same route that AZ picked while making their BF-109 boxes.

So you have all the common parts in a tree,then whatever is specific to a designated version comes in a separate sprue

My MS for example as MF parts like a radome but is missing a certain type of missile rails,while the main pylon is there but not listed nor kit nor the instruction have holes or said something about it.

As the review on Modelversium said,those pylons or at last the belly pylons are too short gunpod too,then there are some bits missing that are specific for certain versions and I guess the lone cockpit after market cockpit made by them even if the main panel has the specific printed film for it,something for sure has to be changed or modified.