You and I both. He flies it on a semi-regular basis over Puget Sound.

*he* doesn't. He hires pilots who do. That is one distinct difference between the Flying Heritage Collection, and his next-door neighbor, John Sessions, who owns Historic Flight Foundation. John is qualified in everything he owns, and flies them routinely. As far as I am aware, Paul Allan is not a rated pilot of anything. I am NOT discounting his contribution to warbird preservation at all, merely pointing out that if I were him, I'd damn sure be qualified to fly everything I owned, and would do it often.

Aaron

ps. It was almost certainly the MiG-29. All of the Chinese assets that did fly in (none a fighter) flew in to Boeing Field and SeaTac airport.

*he* doesn't. He hires pilots who do. That is one distinct difference between the Flying Heritage Collection, and his next-door neighbor, John Sessions, who owns Historic Flight Foundation. John is qualified in everything he owns, and flies them routinely. As far as I am aware, Paul Allan is not a rated pilot of anything. I am NOT discounting his contribution to warbird preservation at all, merely pointing out that if I were him, I'd damn sure be qualified to fly everything I owned, and would do it often.

Aaron

ps. It was almost certainly the MiG-29. All of the Chinese assets that did fly in (none a fighter) flew in to Boeing Field and SeaTac airport.

I know. I guess I should have worded it as "he" the owner.

Edited by Scooby