Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart's Lost Piece Revealed!

I'm not huge into classical music, but this is certainly note worthy. A musicologist in the Czech Republic has discovered lost music sheets Mozart penned in 1785 while working at the Czech Museum of Music. The music was among some sheets of poetry written in collaboration with Mozart's rival composer Salieri.

Is this genuine? Again, I'm not big into classical but in my humble opinion this certainly sounds like Mozart to me. I can't say why, except that it features a bright combination of ascending and descending progressions.

This video was released today and it is probably the only way you will hear this lost tune:

The nice thing about Mozart is that we already know everything he wrote, at least in title, just that some of the manuscripts are missing. Reason we know is he kept a book in which he recorded every composition he wrote, including the date and location it was completed. Folks like Bach we have no definite idea. But it is because of this detailed record that Mozart's works are numbered numerically with a "K" number. "K83" would be an early work, whereas "K636" turned out to be his final work.

1785 puts this well into the last third of his writing, as he died only 6 years later. Wonder what the K # is on this one?

Neato about the K logging practices. I think Mozart's part is in the middle, not the whole song. I really don't know how collaborations worked back then, but I would really like to learn this and in general how the music biz sustained itself during the 18th century.