F-105D T-Stick II (1/48, Revell)

Most of what I said about this can be seen here on the build thread of the same name. I think the paint was still drying as I took these photos. I didn't even clean off the dust and tube glue spider webs. Anywhoo, I got a giant piece of blue colored paper and snapped away until I got some gems. I didn't even use a tripod, I just held my breath and pressed the shutter. I had three lights going but decided two was enough. Somehow the raw images just felt bland, so I upped it a notch with some photoshop adjustment layers. I think the most important one was a medium blue solid color set to overlay mode to give it proper ambience, followed by the curves and vibrancy adjustments. All said and done, it still doesn't quite capture all the detail of the colored pencil and pastel post shading and weathering. Maybe some closeup shots will serve better, but I'm not too crazy about it since it was all out of the box anyway. Hope you like it!

25661015865_dc165f917b_b.jpgIMG_1735_edit by Jesse Flauta, on Flickr

I used Tamiya acrylics and Model Master enamels, with Alclad II aluminum + gun metal for the exhaust. Future for gloss and Testors dullcote for flat. Derwent watercolor pencils and Prisma color Nu Pastels for shading/weathering. Also used regular pencil lead. Tortillions (blending stumps) and Q-tips were used. I used cheap acrylics and oil paints for various details and touch ups.

25030477224_911643efa5_b.jpgIMG_1730-edit by Jesse Flauta, on Flickr