1/48 Italeri S-3 Viking

Decided to put the trumpeter 1/32 A-6A to the side for a little while because I was loosing patience with it and the decals just were not agreeing with me. So now I am starting a dual S-3 viking diorama. Tons of aftermarket going into this. Eduard big red detail sets, rhino models seamless intakes, true details metal landing gear, resin cockpit, wolfpack wing fold set wolfpack OIF update set, hasegawa weapons set, hasaegawa flight deck crew set, verlinden flight deck crew, verlinden flight deck tractor, flight path carrier deck set, eduard AGM-65 maverick and I think that is everything. I was sawing off the resin bits and realized my razor saw is extremely dull so I ordered a new one.

20160317_102048_zpsnpkxko0h.jpg

20160317_103925_zpszoincjyf.jpg

Thanks. I'm looking forward to this one. Not sure if I'm going to do both of them chalked and chained to the deck or one chalked and chained and the other taxing or one lining up on the catapult while the other waits behind the JBD. What do y'all thing

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Sorry I've been away for awhile, I am in the process of transferring to a new duty station and have packed up the shop. Luckily I will be arriving at my new place on Friday and the moving truck gets there on Saturday so I will be back in business soon!!! Here are some pics of what I had gotten completed before packing up the shop. I'm itching to get back to it..

20160424_101123_zpswqufdagn.jpg

20160424_101116_zps0nhz9tdw.jpg

20160424_081703_zpsiosa6vts.jpg

I have the same kit waiting so I'll follow closely your updates! mine won't have all the goodies tho! but I'm sur I'll learn lots of things by watching your build!