LAU-128, size matters.

Today I got some 1/48 resin LAU-128's in the mail for a future F-15E build. These are done by a relatively new company called Metallic Details. Out of curiosity, I measured the length of them, and compared it to the length given by the manufacturer here. It appears that the resin ones are about 6mm too short. That's 29 cm's in real life, or almost one foot. I compared them to some Wolfpack ones that I used on an F-15C last year, and those are only a wee bit longer.

Am I missing something here, or did Metallic Details (and Wolfpack) really screw things up?

They really screwed things up. The only accurate ones I've come across are the ones Shawn Hull did. And they are no longer in production. Also, as a head's up...the ADU-552's are the wrong size in the Wolfpack ones as well. And the ones in the Academy F-15 kits are too short, as they were based on the Wolfpack ones.

Aaron 

Well, that's a bit of a bummer then. Oh well, thanks to Brexit I didn't pay that much at least. And if anyone else was considering getting these, you're warned now. :rolleyes: