Rhino Models 1/32 A-6A/E seamless intakes

Hi guys,

I'm thinking of ordering a set of these off of ebay, but wanted to hear from someone who might already have a set first. So what's your opinion? Are they newly mastered to fix the kits intakes, or are they simply the kits intakes made seamless, and recast in resin? Thanks! Fred K.

13 hours ago, Vidar_710 said:

Are they just the original kit part with an intake duct added on, or are required fixes to shape and profile added as well?

Tracy

I ended up contacting Rhino directly, and was told that their seamless intakes are copies of the kits intakes with a new scratch built engine compressor face. So, no, it does not fix the shape of the kit intakes apparently. I decided to save the $30 cost of the intakes and just sand my kits intakes out. Hopefully at some point we'll see some corrected intakes, but for now I'm going with what I've got. Fred K.

Edited by f5guy
16 hours ago, dehowie said:

Very good quality and fit well from the two sets of A6 i have.

All his intakes have been excellent.

I have several sets of his intakes for my big Phantom and Hornet kits, but have yet to use any of them, so its nice to know that you haven't had any fit issues. Thanks ;0) Fred K.

Edited by f5guy