Best way to clean/remove excess Model Master Liquid Cement?

I use Tamiya Thin, not Model Master, so this may not apply. 

When I've contrived to spill Tamiya Thin on my model, the most important thing is to leave it ALONE until it dries. This will only leave a shiny spot without actually damaging the plastic. Primer will then do a good job hiding it.

6 hours ago, dnl42 said:

the most important thing is to leave it ALONE until it dries

Dn142 -

Unfortunately I made the exact mistake you have warned about - I swiped my finger across a fuselage seam thinking that I would quickly scoot off the excess. The result was to create some slightly rough surfaces around the seam. I believe if I sanded it, it would possibly make the problem worse. I am wondering if there is perhaps a suggested method for trying to buff it out, or for the Testors users out there, a solvent that will clean the blemished surface. I REALLY don't want to trash the model because of this beginner's mistakes. Thanks Dn142 and advance thanks to any others who may chip in.

Tim

Liquid cements are a solvent.  They attack the styrene instantly, then volatize, or evaporate leaving the results behind.  Whatever mess it made is going to have to be sanded smooth.  There isn't any cement left to clean up.  Just plastic.

Rick L.

Rick's correct. Once it's dried--the leave alone part--you need to address the damage with reconstruction via plastic and filler as required and then smoothing using files (to #6), sanding and buffing sticks, and finally sanding pads.

Bottom line: No reason to trash the model when you have an outstanding opportunity to learn and/or improve reconstruction and finishing skills!!!

Edited by dnl42