New Yefim Gordon Su-27 family book

There's a new Yefim Gordon book on the Su-27 family of aircraft coming out in Dec. 2018. Anyone familiar with his books will know they are quite good. His current Su-27 book, which I have, Is out of production and commands prices of $400 and up. It also covers much of the Su-27 family up to the Su-34 (over 500 pages). The new book is titled "Suhkoi Su-27 & 30/33/34/35" and is due out Dec. 15, 2018. Here is a link to it on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/1910809187/?coliid=IMY5I4GQ30JHY&colid=1VLUMGNMIBCZS&psc=0&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

I am definitely looking forward to this one.

If I know Yefim Gordon it will be exactly the same as the existing book (which I have) with a few new chapters and photos to bring us up to date.

If I didn't have the existing book, I would get it - but as it probably contains 90% of what I already have, I would be reluctant to buy it.

Although... as I am genetically programmed to obtain anything to do with Flankers - I'll probably succumb to the siren call..........

I guess the best thing would be to sell the existing book for $400 - and use some of the money to purchase the new one ..... seeemples.

Ken

1 hour ago, Flankerman said:

I guess the best thing would be to sell the existing book for $400 - and use some of the money to purchase the new one ..... seeemples.

Now you're cooking :evil-laughter:

The new one is 720 pages and 7 lbs vs 544 pages and 5.4 lbs for the old one. That's quite a few new pages, if they kept the type size and formatting about the same. The Mig-29 book, which I have too, is type set just like the Su-27 one, so I wouldn't expect a big change. So, perhaps there is a lot of new stuff. Certainly Su-35, which wasn't in the old book and updated Su-34 stuff. I don't know what other changes have occurred that aren't in the old book.

Unfortunately, I need my Su-27 book right now, so can't sell it yet and rake in those buukuu bucks ;-)

Edited by Mstor