VA-56 A-7 hi viz scheme decals?

I'd like to do a 1:48 VA-56 A-7 from when they were on the Midway. I've found an old micorscale sheet with low vis markings, I'd prefer the hi viz scheme but can't find it in 1/48...anyone know if this scheme was ever done in 1/48? I know it exists in 1/72. 

Thanks!

Edited by Charlie D.

The current Microscale lists an aircraft from VA-93, you might be able to use those angled codes as a start for one of the many VA-56 schemes. http://www.microscale.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=SFNT&Store_Code=MD

If you are doing one of the Blue and Yellow stripe schemes, those were easier to mask and paint than trying to use the decals in 1/72, it seems that 1/48 would be harder to decal, since the decals would be longer yet.

Thanks Dutch that's the scheme in that link. I knew about the fujimi kit, I'm strictly a 1/48 guy (except 1/144 for bombers and transports). I've got some monogram A, and Hasegawa E kits. The Monogram builds into a decent 3 footer which is good enough for me, and an affordable alternative to the hobby boss kit. Darren Roberts did a great job on the monogram kit awhile back, good example of how it can look built almost out of the box.

Part of my ongoing quest to do one of each type (at least) that flew off the Midway.  With the exception of phantoms, Midway doesn't seem to get as much love as some of the other carrier aircraft.

"With the exception of phantoms, Midway doesn't seem to get as much love as some of the other carrier aircraft."

That must be a difference in scale thing,,,,,because in 1/72 we are over run with Midway decals.

1 hour ago, Rex said:

"With the exception of phantoms, Midway doesn't seem to get as much love as some of the other carrier aircraft."

That must be a difference in scale thing,,,,,because in 1/72 we are over run with Midway decals.

I think so, I've found a number of schemes in 1/72, but not 1/48. I'm in too deep with 1/48, plus my eyes aren't getting any better to switch!

The Midway always fascinated me, here was what was essentially a WW II aircraft carrier, that served nearly 50 years. I don't think any other carrier had such a varied amount of aircraft fly from it's deck. The fascination was further cemented after seeing her in San Diego a few years ago.

Edited by Charlie D.