New 72nd OH-58D resin updates

Hi Helo fans,

I recently ordered a set of resin updates from a company called Procal Decals over at Hannants for my Italeri OH-58D kit.  Here's the link:

http://www.hannants.co.UK/product/PDR00172?result-token

The set includes the later intakes, rear doors, "Disco-ball" holder, and all the other lumps and bumps needed for a later bird.  It's something I always dreamed someone would make for my Italeri kit! 

Now, I just need some brass landing gear to take all the weight of the resin update set AND Pavla cockpit set! (Come on Master!!!)

Cheers,

WARDOG

Edited by Glynn Jacobs
URL Corrections

Hi Guys,

Tank, I did contact Master about the skids a while ago and they said they would consider it.

Loach Driver and Sarathi S., I was looking through the "Future Releases" section for kicks and ran upon these so I had Hannants notify me when they became available (and saved $5.00 off the cost).  So when they arrived at Hannants, I jumped on them!

I hope more will be available soon.  I'll try to send a mini review when I get them to give you an idea of fit, quality, etc.

Been wanting this stuff for a long time and sure would like to see more resin love (cockpits, crews, weps, etc.) given to 72nd helos!  Hopefully, Procal will take notice and add more stuff to the market like a nice update for the UH-1N with all the lumps & bumps and weps.  Still dreaming!

Take Care and Be Safe,

WARDOG

There is also a resin fuselage upgrade for the Croatian Kiowas. Two fuselage halves with the later air intake and RWRs on nose and rear fuselage. From L&M models. 

I wish I’d seen your upgrade set first! I’ll report back on the fuselage set when it arrives.

LD.

Roger that, Loach Driver,

I saw the L&M set for the Croatian mods also but want the U.S. stuff.  I have some L&M mods for the Tu-22B and -22TT and it is a little rough in quality bit definitely usable.  Their ejection seats are EXCELLENT and sometimes the only ones produced in 72nd scale though.  Hopefully, their quality control has improved and I would still use their products.

WARDOG

• 4 weeks later...

Alright then, 

I got my resin update a few days ago and here are a few observations about the 72nd scale set (the upgrade also comes in 48th and 32nd scale, with slightly different parts).

The parts are well-molded with a good bit of very thin flash (no problem!).

The resin seems to have a bit of a texture, but paint will probably take care of it.

Detail is pretty decent with nice (but very tiny) rivet detail on some parts.

There are some VERY tiny parts, like the RWR parts and formation lights.

The rear replacement doors seem a little small compared to the kit's so care needs to be taken when cutting the kit's doors out. 

The resin doors also are a little bit flat and should have a slight curve to match the fuselage shape.

The decals included are complementary to the kit's with full stenciling and individual numbers.

While I haven't tried them yet to see how they adhere, they are a bit thick and glossy (think Academy!).

So overall, if you are looking for an upgrade for your 72nd Italeri Kiowa Warrier, well this is it!  Just take care with the (very) small parts!

P.S. One day, I'll teach myself how to post pictures to this site for better reference purposes!

Take Care,

WARDOG